Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Fans?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 491 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 23 July 2009 - 04:32 PM

OK,

I've been playing with ASUS AL Suite where I've turned something on that has started setting off alarms telling me that I've been running my mobo to hot and three fans aren't plugged into the mobo as well.

My PC mobo is at 120* F and it is suppose to be at 112* F. So, apparently it is running to hot.

I've recently installed this CD/DVD bay converter which has a fan drawing air into the PC and over 2 SCSI HDs in the bay converter. This is right next to my 4 sticks of DDR2 RAM which get kind of worm to hotish.

I pulled out the back case fan to install it in the front of the SATA/IDE bay because of concerns that the SATA and IDE were running hot.

I have a 120mm case fan on the left side drawing air into the case and I have a 120mm fan drawing away from the CPU on one big CPU radiator.

So, I take it that I need one more fan in the back of the case to increase air flow to bring the temperature down for the mobo.

I've seen these two for sale on Neweeg:

Noctua NF-P12-1300 120mm Case Fan - Retail and

Noctua NF-S12B FLX 120mm, 3 Speed Setting, Beveled Blade Tips Design, SSO Bearing Fan - Retail

and would love any comments as to their performance, which is better and/or any other recommendations as to a good fan to chose if I need one.

Air flow and quite are the qualifications for choice. Thank you.

John
John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 23 July 2009 - 07:13 PM

SSO bearings are oil impregnated sleeve bearings
Ball bearing fans would be a better choice, although more expensive
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users