Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LCD Inverter

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jig1781

jig1781

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:50 PM

I think I have a problem with my laptop's (ACER ASPIRE 5610z) LCD inverter. A few weeks ago the screen began to flicker and more recently, goes completely dark. I can still faintly see the images on the screen when it is dark. Also, if I press the closed lid button the screen will lit up for a few seconds. If I press the button enough times I will randomly get a normally screen for an extended period of time (maybe half hour to hour) before the screens goes dark again. I have pinpointed a hissing sound to the LCD converter when this problem arises. Does this sound consistent with a bad LCD converter? I just want to be sure before I order the part. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:46 PM

Well, LCD inverters usually don't hiss !

It could simply be a bad connection.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 jig1781

jig1781
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:09 AM

i have checked the connections and they are fine. I know it normally doesn't hiss, which is why I think it is damaged since it is hissing. it only hisses when the flickering is really bad or when i am trying to get the screen to come on by pressing the closed lid button. the times that the screen does work for an extended period the hissing disappears.

Edited by jig1781, 24 July 2009 - 12:14 AM.

#4 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:55 PM

If anything in my computer or monitor starts hissing & it isn't supposed to hiss I'm replacing that part.
It would only take 1 hiss.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users