Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Double Clicking Virus

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 madcanot

madcanot

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 11 July 2005 - 08:28 PM

Hi,
I am having a problem with my mouse. I posted a while back about but unfortunatly I had to leave town and couldn't post sow my topic was dropped. I have tried repeatly to remove this virus with adaware, spybot, hjt, norton and it doesent seem to want to leave. It causes the mouse to double click quite often when I either have the left button down, or clicked once. At times the occurences or less frequent, say about once every five clicks, but recently it has becoming frequent(about every other click). This is particallary annoying with clicking and draging, as it will double click in the miidle of the drag operation and I have to start over. I use a standard dell logitech laser mouse, not cordless. If anybody can offer any advice it'd bee much appreiciated. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 11 July 2005 - 10:27 PM

What makes you think it's a virus?
Do you know the name of it?
Have you tried another mouse?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 phatcat42141

phatcat42141

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2005 - 12:03 AM

:thumbsup: A Double Clicking Virus :flowers:

Well thats a first for me. How bout just "cleaning" the mouse? If that don't work try setting the mouse controls in the control panel.

Hope that helps a bit.

#4 madcanot

madcanot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2005 - 10:04 AM

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

I've tried fixing the sensitivity in the control panel before, and that doesn't seem to help. I don't think I was right in calling it a virus, but I one of the members of the hjt analysis team on this website had told me it was a cookie that could easily be eliminated by Ad aware or spybot. I've tried repeatly to use those and tried deleting all cookies but it still comes back. Also, besides using dust-off on the lense, is there anything else I can do to clean a led mouse?

Thanks for your help.

#5 phatcat42141

phatcat42141

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2005 - 06:51 PM

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

I've tried fixing the sensitivity in the control panel before, and that doesn't seem to help. I don't think I was right in calling it a virus, but I one of the members of the hjt analysis team on this website had told me it was a cookie that could easily be eliminated by Ad aware or spybot. I've tried repeatly to use those and tried deleting all cookies but it still comes back. Also, besides using dust-off on the lense, is there anything else I can do to clean a led mouse?

Thanks for your help.

Have you tried doing an online virus scan at www.trendmicro.com ? I know this may seem odd but the way viruses change settings now days you never know what may have happened. If its an optical (LED) mouse then all you have to do is wipe the lens clean. If it is a wireless mouse then try changing the batteries.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users