Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

recommend a firewall?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Paulrenno

Paulrenno

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:37 AM

Can anyone recommend a free firewall that I can use on WinXP.

I currently have Zone Alarm free but fed up with a recent pop up screen tellling me ZA is initializing etc..

I dont want anything too complicated. I need it to run alongsided AVAST antivirus.

Thanks for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Someones

Someones

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:44 AM

You could simply use Windows Firewall and focus on preventing malware from getting on your computer.

If you want to add some simple outbound protection you could use Sunbelt Personal Firewall or PC Tools Firewall Plus.

And if you want full security at the cost of more complexity there's Online Armor, Comodo Internet Security with the antivirus disabled and Outpost Firewall free.

#3 Paulrenno

Paulrenno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:44 AM

Thats great. Thanks for your time. Ive heard a lot about PC Tool Firewall, so I will give that a go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users