Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2003

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Joe Connor

Joe Connor

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:33 AM

Hi,

Is their a way to set a pre set email? I don’t want to make a template and have to go to a folder jus to double click it. Maybe some sort of macro? Any fast way to click on a pre set email?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris S.

Chris S.

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:36 PM

Here is a good site for the basics on how to create the macro and add a button for it on the toolbar (I created a new toolbar for custom messages): http://www.amset.info/outlook/newmessagemacro.asp

Here's the code I used...
Sub NewMail()
	Dim objOLApp As Outlook.Application
	Dim NewMail As Outlook.MailItem
	Set objOLApp = New Outlook.Application
	Set NewMail = objOLApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)
	NewMail.Subject = "This is a message that I send a lot."
	NewMail.Body = "Hello Everyone," & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "This is a message that I send all the time" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Thanks," & vbCrLf & "Chris"
	NewMail.CC = "MyBoss@domain.net"
	NewMail.To = "TheSameOlPpl@domain.net"
	NewMail.Display
End Sub

#3 Joe Connor

Joe Connor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2009 - 05:46 AM

Might be a bit cheeky but i cant manage to do it, reckon you could do a screenshot type process on word for me mate?

#4 Chris S.

Chris S.

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:02 PM

Joe,

Here are more straightforward instructions. If you still need screens, send me a message. I hope this helps.

-Chris

1. Open Outlook.

2. Select Tools > Macro > Macros from the menu bar.

3. Enter a new macro name (no spaces) and click Create. Microsoft Visual Basic editor opens.

4. In the Visual Basic editor, paste the desired code (seen above for a pre-filled message)

5. Close the Visual Basic editor.

6. Right-click on the Outlook toolbar and select Customize…

7. Select the Commands tab then the Macros category and drag your new macro to the actual toolbar.
To create a new toolbar for macros, click the Toolbars tab in the Customize window and then click the New… button. Name the toolbar and click OK.

8. Right-Click on the new button with the Customize window still open to access Modify Selection menu so that you can rename the button.
You can also change or remove the button’s picture by right-clicking on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users