Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How come intergrated cards suck so bad?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rasone77

rasone77

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 11 July 2005 - 05:22 PM

I have Media accelarator 915G chipset on my E-machine t-5026

The comp. is great but how come half the games out there are not compatible with the card??

Why do I always hear how bad they suck when technically only a few games don't work unfortunately they happen to be the ones I want to play.

ie: Star wars Galaxies and Everquest 2.

but i can play graphics powerhouses like Doom 3 and half-life 2 which I could care less about?

whats up with that? :thumbsup: :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 efizzer

efizzer

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 11 July 2005 - 06:21 PM

Hate to state the obvious, if you want to get superior graphics, get a separate vid card.
Posted Image

We're going to make the merry-go-round go faster, so everyone needs to hang on tighter-just to keep from being thrown to the wolves.

#3 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 11 July 2005 - 07:16 PM

Actually i beg to differ.

Just because the game says it doesnt recognize your video card doesnt mean it cant play it. It just means that the game has some features the video card doesnt.

I can run the fllowing games with my dell dimension 4600 integrated video card.

Doom 3: Low quality most advanced features on low or not enabled: 20-45 fps

Halo:combat Evolved:High quality all specs and details enabled: 50-70 fps

Half Life 2:medium quality: a few detailed specs on high others on low or disabled:20-50 fps

Now my argument here is, just because you bought a computer from a lower rated company probably 1-3 years ago based on the chipset. Doesnt mean the graphics card sucks. Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 are brand newgames using the highest possible graphics engine and detail. So because you cant run a game doesnt mean your video card sucks.

I would check newegg, they have some of the best prices around.

Give me a price range and detailed system specs of yours, and ill find you a well priced video card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users