Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange, possibly unrelated problems with graphics and noise...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Clutter

Clutter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:50 PM

Recently I have been having severe audio and video stuttering while gaming. I ran CPU-Z, DiskCheckup, and Everest to see if there are any hardware problems but everything comes back as normal.

In addition, there is a high-pitched and very rapid clicking noise that accompanies these problems. The sound is arhythmic, and the light on my network card flashes in sync with the noise. However, the noise and flashing go away when I am not doing strenuous tasks such as gaming.

I have an nVidia 7600 GT, about 3 years old, and a WD 80gig hard drive that is....well, very old. Other than that, all my components are new.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:54 PM

I would suspect the hard drive is telling you it's getting tired.

I would suggest not gaming [don't kill the HD] until you get a different hard drive.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 Clutter

Clutter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:00 PM

I would agree, but that doesn't explain the buzzing noise or it's being in sync with the flashing of the LAN card's light

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users