Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Profile won't load

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 uByte

uByte

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:31 AM

I have to same problem with a machine I am working on. I have found that the drive had some errors as I run chkdsk on another computer with the hard drive hooked up via a usb to sata interface. I have also tried to run a repair witch in my humble opinion is much like sfc (I wish I would have thought of system file checker before cause now my activation is all messed up now). Now I still can't log on. I think I hate to say it unless the creating a new user in safe mode trick works and then just coping the data from one user profile to the other doesn't work I am stuck with a good old fashion reformat and reinstall.

uByte

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,722 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:18 PM

Split off from this topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/87498/windows-can-not-load-the-locally-stored-profile/ ~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,865 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:20 PM

If you have a problem with your profile...the only guidance I've seen is Copy Data from a Corrupted User Profile to a New Profile in Windows XP - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

Reformat and reinstall...is a solution that is appropriate for many situations, particularly those where user is unwilling or unable to troubleshoot apparent issues or malware has been part of the problem (IMO).

Louis

#4 uByte

uByte
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:26 AM

Thanks for the reply Hamluis that support article helped out a lot. Unfortunatly I tried it and it looks like it worked. The only problem that I had was that I ran a repair on windows before that to try and fix the problem and ended up messing something up in the registry where it wanted to run activation all over again. Well the error required me to change some files around and I just that heck with it and ended up reformating and reinstalling windows.

thanks,
uByte

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,865 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:11 AM

Glad you resolved it, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users