Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FYI, Windows 7 RTMs... OMG

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RonS WINDOWS-TEAM

RonS WINDOWS-TEAM

Authorized Microsoft Rep

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:55 PM

The Windows Team blog just announced the RTM of Windows 7...

http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windows7/...ufacturing.aspx

It's kind of fun to picture little boxes of Windows 7 being shipped out to all the manufacturers at this exact moment. Kind of like counting sheep.

Cheers all.
Ron S

Windows Outreach Team

Facebook - Twitter - YouTube

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:42 PM

Actually, it's more like a gold disc being sent to the presses so imagine counting gold discs. All we need to do now is wait for general availability. OEM's may have the OS as early as July 24th and MSDN/TechNET subscribers will get the OS on August 6th. The official build for Windows 7 RTM is 7600.16385.090713-1255.

3939.png

#3 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:00 AM

Soon the contents of that gold RTM disc will be sent out to partners for further testing and integration into new systems shipping this fall.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Ballmer-S...7-RTM,8325.html

I saw another reference to code being distributed, surely physical disks would be too primitive in this day and age.
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2009 - 05:31 PM

I wonder how many people will be downloading the OS from Microsoft on the release date. I doubt their servers will be able to cope with the traffic, but I could be wrong.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users