Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just an introduction

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jonnyrainbow

Jonnyrainbow

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:18 PM

Hi, folks:

I've been visiting BC for a while now, and I've come to depend on the very reliable advice and guidance I find here. I am trying to run/maintain an in-home personal computer repair service here in Midland, Michigan. My preferred clientele are elderly and/or disabled people who need accessibility enhancements for their computers or just want to be able to use the computers they already have for as long as is technically possible. Among this group of users virus, trojan, and etc. infections are not common because they tend to use the Internet very sparingly. When they do acquire something evil on their systems, 99% of the time it is because they have been using an e-mail client instead of webmail. I do everything I can to persuade people to abandon Outlook Express or whatever and take advantage of the webmail service they are already getting from their ISPs. But as I'm sure you folks already know, some people are just really, really set in their ways (my 90-year-old father is one such).

So that's it, end of introduction. I hope I might be able to contribute some useful bit of information to these forums from time to time. It's always a good idea to give back to the community you depend on, whatever that community happens to be.

Best regards,

Jonathan Ramlow
Computer HouseCall
Midland, MI

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:02 PM

Hello Jonathan and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users