Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i acedentally moved winlogon

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 winlogon as failedme

winlogon as failedme

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:42 PM

could someone please help i donot have a disc drive and cannot reinstal windows i cant even get to the login screen safe mode = fail and well im out of ideas if you would like to know how i did this well i moved it for a moment cause i thought it was a virus turned out it was just some jumble of numbers 496747... eitherway i managed to delete it with comand prompt then when i went to move winlogon back i couldnt click properly and when i tried to it highlighted my whole desktop and only put shortcuts so when i tried to click one thing it highlighted the whole thing

btw you guys were helpful showing me how to remove virus through cmd so i hope you can show me again how to fix im using xp home edition build 2600 and im using a toshiba nb100 netbook so can you please help if you need more info just ask winlogon is just sitting on my desktop ...... and theres nothing i can do about this

here is exactly what my screen says

STOP: c000021a {fatal system error}
the windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status o
f 0xc0000034 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
the system has been shut down

btw isnt it dumb to make one file so important that even my grandpa could mess up a computer
(microsoft failed on that one)

Edited by winlogon as failedme, 22 July 2009 - 01:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 winlogon as failedme

winlogon as failedme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:43 PM

oh and sorry about punctuation i was in a rush to get it out :thumbsup:

#3 winlogon as failedme

winlogon as failedme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:06 PM

CMON CANT ANYONE HELP

#4 winlogon as failedme

winlogon as failedme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:31 PM

NOTE TO SELF* you guys rly arent that much help at all

#5 winlogon as failedme

winlogon as failedme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:48 PM

erm just so you know ive also tryed

safe mode
safe mode with networking
safe mode with command prompt
enable boot logging enable vga mode
last known good
directory services mode (god damn you vista only crap on an xp based computer)
debugging mode
disable automatice restart on sys failure

someone please help

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,874 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:26 PM

Repair install, How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install (Stevens) - http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

<<btw isnt it dumb to make one file so important that even my grandpa could mess up a computer
(microsoft failed on that one)>>

There is nothing manmade...that cannot be undone...by the well-intentioned or the not-so-well-intentioned. A system is a complex interaction of various files, components, etc...if you tried to "fix" your own TV, radio, or any other appliance...similar results could occur.

Microsoft is not responsibile for making anything "idiot-proof", since no such electronic tool that I can think of...falls into that category. Just my opinion.

Louis

#7 winlogon as failedme

winlogon as failedme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:34 PM

................ i said i have no disc drive

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,874 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:44 PM

OK, sorry.

You can use either a borrowed CD (same version of XP as you have installed) or you can have someone just burn you a copy of their Microsoft XP install CD (same version of XP as you currently have installed)...use your license/key (obtainable by various methods if you don't have it written down) and do a repair install of XP.

This isn't the only approach, it's just the approach that I would take.

Even if you did not have the current scenario...it would be a good idea to get a copy of XP that you could legally use in the future to have access to the repair tools/techniques available by having a CD with the O/S files.

Louis

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,874 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2009 - 04:35 PM

Apologies, apologies...for my misinterpretation and inattention.

When I read "disc drive"...I thought disk drive (which was still wrong), but I have taken note of my errors yesterday today (too busy with the Big Race in France and movies). Hopefully...today I will make better suggestions :thumbsup:.

To be honest...I don't see how you are going to install or repair XP without a CD/DVD drive.

Even if you slave the hard drive to a system that has an optical drive...you would not be able to install or do a repair install of XP (because you would have that system's settings and drivers) that would prove satisfactory.

You might want to take a look at some of the following links which describe how some think they would install XP on a netbook or similar system, http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=i...mp;oq=&aqi= Note that most of these focus on using a "thumb drive" os USB device to install Windows.

Do you have an owner's manual? Does it have a section covering repairs to XP or reinstalling XP?

When you say that you cannot reinstall Windows...does that mean that there is no mechanism for reinstalling Windows on your netbook?

What is the manufacturer and model of your particular netbook, please?

Louis

#10 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:20 AM

Random thought: what about booting a Linux distro from a USB drive and repairing the damage that way?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users