Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

x12-30196-dlm program how to remove

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 meg1251

meg1251

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:49 AM

Have a problem opening all Microsoft Office Programs

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:10 PM

Can you please be a little more descriptive and specific with your problam
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 meg1251

meg1251
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:21 PM

Can you please be a little more descriptive and specific with your problam

I dowloaded what I thought was Microsoft Office 2007-60 day free trial, now I can't open Microsoft Word and Microsoft Publisher. I tried to system restore but I'm still not able to open either programs. X12-30196-DLM, Digital River, Inc is the name (supposedly) of whatever it is that I dowloaded. Internet says this is a virus. I still am not able to open Word or Publisher. What do you suggest?

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:40 PM

What site did you download this from?
Yes, you are more than likely infected
The first thing I would do is unistall it
If you need an Office suite, try Open Office. It's free and compatible with Microsoft Office applications
http://openoffice.org-suite.com/index.asp?...s&se=google
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#5 meg1251

meg1251
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:46 AM

If you need an Office suite, try Open Office. It's free and compatible with Microsoft Office applications

I tried to open an email and when it wouldn't the prompt gave me options; try again, try another program or do you want to try to find out why? I chose the latter and it took me to what I thought was a legitimate Microsoft site that said that downloading Microsoft Office 2007 would solve my problem, but this became my problem! I'm afraid to download something else in order to uninstall X12-30196-DLM. Any other way of doing this with what I already have on my computer?

#6 meg1251

meg1251
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2009 - 01:30 PM

I tried to open an email and when it wouldn't the prompt gave me options; try again, try another program or do you want to try to find out why? I chose the latter and it took me to what I thought was a legitimate Microsoft site that said that downloading Microsoft Office 2007 would solve my problem, but this became my problem! I'm afraid to download something else in order to uninstall X12-30196-DLM. Any other way of doing this with what I already have on my computer?

I got Installer Error 1635....Help!!!

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:37 PM

Like I asked before, Where did you originally download this from? Was it a Microsoft website?
If it was a MS website, the trial only last for so long. Maybe you exceeded the time limit?
You're getting an Installer Error 1635. What are you doing when you get that?

Edited by garmanma, 23 July 2009 - 02:42 PM.

Mark
Posted Image

#8 meg1251

meg1251
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:08 PM

Like I asked before, Where did you originally download this from? Was it a Microsoft website?
If it was a MS website, the trial only last for so long. Maybe you exceeded the time limit?
You're getting an Installer Error 1635. What are you doing when you get that?

I thought that I was downloading it from a Microsoft website, it was supposed to be for 60 days, I just did this on Tuesday, July 21st, and I don't know what to do about the Installer error 1635....?

#9 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,847 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:45 PM

Is this the complete error message??

Windows Installer Error 1635
This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and is accessible, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package.

If not, please give us the complete error, so we can help you.

EDIT: You also might want to do a search for x12-30196-dlm.exe and run that. Thats the file name of your Microsoft Office 2007-60 day free trial. This may resolve your installer error.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#10 meg1251

meg1251
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2009 - 04:38 PM

Is this the complete error message??

Windows Installer Error 1635
This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and is accessible, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package.

If not, please give us the complete error, so we can help you.

EDIT: You also might want to do a search for x12-30196-dlm.exe and run that. Thats the file name of your Microsoft Office 2007-60 day free trial. This may resolve your installer error.

Yes, that's exactly what the message says.

#11 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,847 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2009 - 03:08 PM

Sorry for the delay. Most fixes I encountered relied on heavy registry edits. Which I didn't feel were appropriate at this time. Please take a look at this Microsoft KB Article: Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

When you are working on your computer and installing a new program, the installation suddenly fails. Now you are left with a partly installed program. You try to install the program again, but you are unsuccessful. Or, maybe you have problems trying to remove an old program because the installation files are corrupted.

Do not worry. Windows Installer CleanUp Utility might be able to help. You can use the utility to remove installation information for programs that were installed by using Windows Installer. Be aware that Windows Installer CleanUp Utility will not remove the actual program from your computer. However, it will remove the installation files so that you can start the installation, upgrade, or uninstall over.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#12 meg1251

meg1251
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:47 PM

Sorry for the delay. Most fixes I encountered relied on heavy registry edits. Which I didn't feel were appropriate at this time. Please take a look at this Microsoft KB Article: Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

When you are working on your computer and installing a new program, the installation suddenly fails. Now you are left with a partly installed program. You try to install the program again, but you are unsuccessful. Or, maybe you have problems trying to remove an old program because the installation files are corrupted.

Do not worry. Windows Installer CleanUp Utility might be able to help. You can use the utility to remove installation information for programs that were installed by using Windows Installer. Be aware that Windows Installer CleanUp Utility will not remove the actual program from your computer. However, it will remove the installation files so that you can start the installation, upgrade, or uninstall over.

Thank you I'm going to try this. I'll let you know if it works. Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users