Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gaming Computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hillster

Hillster

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:40 AM

I am preparing to purchase a computer that will be used primarily for gaming (by teenagers). In the past we have purchased computers that were not easily "upgraded" so I do not want to make the same mistake twice. What "specs" should I be looking for. I've been told designated memory, speed, graphics card, etc. are important but it's hard for me to prioritize. Also, I've been told to look for the Intel 17 processor. So far, I like the Asus computer I saw at Best Buy but not the right processor! I am a confused mom! Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:51 PM

For good, general info...you might want to take a read at some of the following: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=h...mp;oq=&aqi=

Then...you can begin to develop your own ideas of how it all fits together :blink:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users