Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Xp Virue/Spyware

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Bajaman 556

Bajaman 556

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 11 July 2005 - 02:49 PM

Hello. I have a major problem with my computer. I use Windows Xp home edition and have a spyware program called Ad-Aware SE. This morning ran the program and found that I had hijacking attempts and other wierd programs (5 or 6) that it found. They were mostly "VX2" programs which I read couldn't be deleted. But I preformed a system restore and set it to yesterday (July 10th). When I restarted Windows I ran the Spyware program again and the programs were mostly gone. The only two left were a VX2 and a MRU file. But they were eraced without any problem. Everything seems fine now, but when I preform the System scan it says "Deep Scanning Local Registry" then it shows it scanning for these files:

Possible browser hijacking attempts-
Hkey_Local_machine/software
ClSID/541651968561 (bunch of numbers)
Typelib/546515611512(bunch of numbers again)

First off does that mean that the spyware/virus is still on my computer?
Even though the spyware doesn't see anything bad when the scan is complete shouldn't those file names be deleted? If so how?

Thanks so much to whoever can answer this. It would make my week.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users