Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

www.slacker.com blocking my IP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nathan2508

Nathan2508

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:26 AM

So I just bought a new slacker portable radio player and I was updating it using a wireless connection while surfing the site when all of a sudden my browser froze up and I had to shut it down. Now slacker is blocking my IP it seems! I think so because I am able to access the site through www.dtunnel.com. Does anybody know what is up?!?

Nathan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nospam

nospam

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:53 PM

I am taking a wild guess as there could be more going on.

Assuming you are connecting to the site through your ISP, check your IP address in Google and also a free blacklist like: http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx If you see your IP address in Google, read carefully to see the results show recent compromising activity. You could be sharing an IP that is infected by you or some other subscriber with your ISP. Some websites actively block compromised IPs.

If you find that your IP is blocked due to spamming or some other compromise, try to get another IP address. If you have DSL, you can reboot, and usually get another IP address. I think with cable modem connections, information may vary as some subscribers keep the same IP.

See if you can email and ask if you find you stay blocked.

#3 Nathan2508

Nathan2508
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 23 July 2009 - 01:32 PM

I didn't have time to get around to all that stuff earlier today until I went to get on gmail and it was blocked. Then I made time haha.

My IP showed no compromising activity in google but when I ran the blacklist search these 3 items were shown as "Listed."

Blacklist Name Status Reason TTL Response Time (ms)

SORBS-DUHL LISTED Dynamic IP Addresses See: Detail
Return codes were: 127.0.0.10 3598 938

SPAMCANNIBAL LISTED blocked, See: Detail
Return codes were: 127.0.0.2 43198 891

Spamhaus-ZEN LISTED Detail
Return codes were: 127.0.0.10 897 969

I am running on a wireless connection at the moment but our entire (3 computer) LAN cannot access these sites. How should I go about getting a new IP? I am on a cable connection.

Nathan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users