Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Add/Remove not working

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 brillo1902

brillo1902

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:16 AM

Hi

I am running Win 2000 and had all sorts of problems due to employee abusing the online facility. As a result i had many viruses, spyware and malware which fenzodahl512 has helped me too clean from my machine. See below link for information.

Anyway i now have a problem which results in the Add/Remove facility not working. When i open Control Panel and the double click Add/Remove the box opens but does not fill with the list of applications and the system freezes. I can move the mouse pointer still and navigate around although i cant click on the "X" top right to close the window and task manager does not allow me to end task either. Any ideas?

Cheers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/240335/sick-pc/

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:52 AM

Even though it is blank, does it have the scroll bar on the side?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/...668/EN-US/?#kb1

You could also have problems with the Windows Installer service
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...b;EN-US;Q315346
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 brillo1902

brillo1902
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:48 AM

Hiya

No facility to scroll at all. Think i found a solution but i need my original win 2000 disc which i can no longer find. Any ideas?

#4 acidburned

acidburned

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:49 AM

install revo uninstaller its a better replacement to add/remove and its free.

#5 Samson.Real5

Samson.Real5

• Banned
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 24 July 2009 - 02:10 PM

Brillo
Its a problem with your operating system because it might corrupt with unessecery files in other words like trojan. Because it comes through internet or can be pendrive. But you can remove the trojan by installing latest antivirus named as Avira which is free as AVG but Avira is more faster than AVG. And you need to update everytime if antivirus program is installed.

Klein

Edited by garmanma, 24 July 2009 - 04:58 PM.
Spam link removed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users