Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't find secure network

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 frustrated_chik

frustrated_chik

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:41 AM

Hello everyone. I am not a computer whiz so I will try to explain my problem the best i can. I have an Acer Extensa 5420 and have a Linskys router, I have had it for over a year and up until yesterday i had no problems connecting to a secure network, it is set to automatically find my name(___) which is a secure network but now when i log on it connects me to linskys or some other network which is not secure so i disconnect it and try to find my network but my name is no longer on the list and i am worried. Can someone please help me and guide me so i can figure out what is going on with my connection. :thumbsup:(
-Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:42 AM

What changed? Please don't say nothing, cause PCs don't just change without some sort of human interaction. Did you install something? Windows update? Anything, even if you don't think it means anything. To that end you might be able to restore back and it would be fine. I hate restoring without knowing what the cause is but not having internet sucks worse...so a fast fix is better than a long fix anyday..lol

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users