Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No soundon computer...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 floe1604

floe1604

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 11 July 2005 - 01:56 PM

How do i find what drievr i need to download for it? And where woudl you recomend downloading from

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chuckrox8

Chuckrox8

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2005 - 01:27 AM

Well for starters you would need to find out what sound card you have. Or it may be a part of the motherboard itself. Whomever makes the card should have an archive of drivers for your needs.

#3 floe1604

floe1604
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2005 - 02:45 PM

someone helped me find a download and they said i should extract the stuff it gives me to a folder so i have but i cant do anything with it.
also now when i turn on my computer i get this message on the screen

cannot find a device file that may be needed to run windows or a windows aplication
The windows registry or SYSTEM.INI file refers to this device file but the device file no longer exits.
If you deleted this file on purpose try uninstalling the associated aplication using the uninstal setting program (think my writing says setting not sure cant read it)
If you still wantt to use the aplicayion associted with the device file try reinsatllubg that aplicayion to replace the missing file
msodisup.vxd

i tried to install the drivers i downloaded using the add software in control panel which someone told me to do and nbow this has happened...help please?

#4 phatcat42141

phatcat42141

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 15 July 2005 - 12:44 AM

someone helped me find a download and they said i should extract the stuff it gives me to a folder so i have but i cant do anything with it.
also now when i turn on my computer i get this message on the screen

cannot find a device file that may be needed to run windows or a windows aplication
The windows registry or SYSTEM.INI file refers to this device file but the device file no longer exits.
If you deleted this file on purpose try uninstalling the associated aplication using the uninstal setting program (think my writing says setting not sure cant read it)
If you still wantt to use the aplicayion associted with the device file try reinsatllubg that aplicayion to replace the missing file
msodisup.vxd

i tried to install the drivers i downloaded using the add software in control panel which someone told me to do and nbow this has happened...help please?

Go to your control panel and choose "System" then the "Device Manager" tab now find your sound card in the list and right click on it and choose properties then tell it to find a better driver.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users