Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ME System Recovery without disks included

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Aeiis

Aeiis

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 11 July 2005 - 01:06 PM

I need to reboot my computer to original condition, like original software that came with it new software wiped off, I have done it before but I used the disks that came with the computer, I can't now though because the disk drive will not work. Is there any way to recover the computer without using the disks or any disk for that matter. Also, system restore won't work either. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Deodar

Deodar

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 12 July 2005 - 03:09 AM

by disk drive do you mean CD drive?And you are running what?From the A drive
a scanreg/fix will only take it back 4 entries,there are limitations to what can be
achieved without a CD.If this is the problem I'd suggest seeking professional
help to replace the CD although if it was me i'd firstly check in Device Manager
for CD,click the+ next to it,& if there are no red X or yellow ! click Properties-under Device Status there may be a message telling you what the situation is.
"This Device Is Disabled" is the only message you don't want to see-that is
indicative of a device failure."the Drivers For This Device Are Not Installed" on
the other hand is a friendly message,which you will see according to the
symptoms as described.TIME OUT HERE for a coffee! Ok Aeiis,let us recap.
Does the CD drive make a noise& the indicator light come on?Will it just not
play?This can happen for a number of reasons.You will have to provide more
detailed information such as symptoms,make&model,& version of Windows.Also
whether you have the original Windows installation CD,& a Floppy Boot Disk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users