Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer Error Message

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LindaIHN

LindaIHN

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:36 PM

Hi,
I have Facebook open, as I do everyday, and I just clicked on where it says "Seven new posts" and an error message came up that I am out of memory. This is something I have never gotten before so I'm totally baffled. I have attached a screen shot of the message.
Linda
Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge,
But he who hates correction is stupid.
Proverbs 12:1

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sonicjet

sonicjet

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:14 PM

Can you post your system specs?
It sounds like you don't have enough ram,does this happen only when any other programs are open,such as photoshop or MSpaint,or is it happening with just IE7 open?

#3 LindaIHN

LindaIHN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:21 PM

What kind of specs do you need? I have 4 GB of RAM so I don't think it's my RAM. I only get this message on Facebook. It even gave it to me when I tried to log off the first time. I took a picture of my C drive for you. I'm going to be shutting down for the night so I will check back tomorrow. I would very much appreciate any help I can get. This computer is only a few months old. It is a Dell Inspiron Notebook.

#4 sonicjet

sonicjet

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:42 PM

What kind of specs do you need? I have 4 GB of RAM so I don't think it's my RAM. I only get this message on Facebook. It even gave it to me when I tried to log off the first time. I took a picture of my C drive for you. I'm going to be shutting down for the night so I will check back tomorrow. I would very much appreciate any help I can get. This computer is only a few months old. It is a Dell Inspiron Notebook.

Hmm well,yes,but you would be amazed how much ram those 2 Apps I mentioned take up...

EDIT:I did a little research...is your anti virus up to date?
A virus may be using up a lot of ram,heres a neat trick,press and hold for half a sec: CTRL+ALT+DEL all at the same time,then click on "start task manager" now click on the performance tab,now open IE,see what happens to the green RAM bar.

Edited by sonicjet, 21 July 2009 - 07:43 PM.

#5 Mysterysgames

Mysterysgames

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:57 PM

It seems strange/suspicious that you got this error message just as you clicked on "Seven new posts". :huh:

I would do a virus scan with your antivirus software, and also run a scan with the free version of Malwarebyte's AntiMalware (http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php) or SuperAntiSpyware (http://www.superantispyware.com/) to see if any malware comes up.

Edited by Mysterysgames, 21 July 2009 - 07:57 PM.

#6 LindaIHN

LindaIHN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:55 PM

Okay, I don't understand why my RAM was in question. I posted a screen shot and have plenty of free space.

MysteryGames, I already have Malwarebyte's and SAS and I run one or the other every single night. They have been coming up clean. My anti-virus is up-to-date, and I use Avast, which I love. I did get a message the other day when I turned on my computer that there was a virus detected but I deleted it. I will do a scan right now, though. I didn't have any problems on Facebook today. :huh:)

Thank you all for your help.
Linda

#7 sonicjet

sonicjet

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:15 PM

The screenshot you posted was of the numbers on your HDD,not ram.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users