Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error: load Dll for Kernel files; after reinstall of WinXP

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sykotik

Sykotik

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:43 PM

Hello, well last night I had tried to update .NET Framework for my HP a1110y computer. I was directly updating this from the Microsoft website. My computer popped up saying that it could not install due to an error. As I went to grab a piece of paper and pen (I was sitting at my desk and this next thing happened literally within 45 seconds), McAfee popped up saying that I had a Trojan (didn't have time to read it) and then the computer crashed and went to the blue screen of death. It then told me there was an error with the OS that caused the crash and if this was the first time I had seen this error to restart the computer. I restarted and nothing. It loaded the Startup window (where it mentions which keys to press to enter the BIOS, Setup, or Recovery). I chose the recovery option, and it started the process and then errored out. I pulled out my WindowsXP Recovery Disks that I created using my Windows OS a couple years back. I went ahead and chose to do a full reinstall since I had nothing on this HDD to lose. Everything appeared to install just fine, however, when it restarted to Windows, the Windows splash screen appeared, then went to a black error screen with the following error: load Kernel Dll files
I did run the recovery console and checked the HDD for any errors. It found one and corrected it. I also ran McAfee and it found no viruses. I am at a loss as to fix this one. I fortunately do have an OEM Windows XP disc that has been unused (I bought it for another computer that I was planning on fixing). If I absolutely have to, I can do a completely clean install but I really don't want to have to go this route. I am also hoping that my HDD hasn't gone bad, but if so, I am willing to replace it. Thanks for all the help!
I have:
HP a1110y
Windows XP SP3
2.5GB RAM (upgraded from the original 512MB)
Intel Pentium 4 2.93Ghz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pivotraze

pivotraze

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:07 PM

Try booting into safe mode and using command prompt, run chkdsk.

To boot into safe mode:
After you see the manufacturers logo, repeatedly hit F8 (usually) and you will get a list of choices, choose "Safe Mode" at the top. Then after you are logged into safe mode, go to:
Start --> Run --> in the text box type cmd --> type chkdsk

it will scan and let you know of any problems, if it says to, run chkdsk /r, it may say /f.

Let me know if that works!
Proud user of Windows 7 Ultimate

Developer of: Seafire Suite
Developer of: Pivot: Revolution

System Specs: 4GB Ram, Intel i3-2350M,

MaxxAudio® LE

, 1600x900 17.3" HD+ TruBrite LED Screen , and Intel HD 3000 Graphics.

#3 Sykotik

Sykotik
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:38 PM

thanks for the reply pivo, but i cant even get any type of windows to load. it appears to be missing the OS now. i did a second chkdsk /r and it found no errors. so i thought i would try bootcfg /rebuild (saw the article on proposedsolution.com) When I did this, I recieved the following error: failed to successfully scan disks for Windows installation. This error may be caused by a corrupt file system, which would prevent bootcfg from successfully scanning. use chkdsk to detect any disk errors. I ran chkdsk one more time, and still no errors. I tried fixmbr which was successful; however, I still received my original error "Windows could not start because of an error in the software, Please report this problem as: load needed DLLs for kernel. Please contact your support person to report this problem.". I checked the BIOS to make sure it was detecting all my hardware, which it is. I am really lost with this, and am just assuming I am going to need to do a clean install. I tried the system restore disks once again and all it does is restart the computer without reading the disks. Thanks again for help! Anything else you think I should try? :thumbsup:

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,866 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:48 PM

You have tried the various processes detailed at http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...ocname=bph07145 ?

Louis

#5 Sykotik

Sykotik
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:00 PM

yup, I went through the whole process. I am thinking it is a bad HDD now because a clean install with an OEM Windows XP disk keeps having errors while trying to install. It begins to copy the setup files, and then it has errors with copying files; they are either not copied correctly or they cannot copy. I tried several times to delete the partitions and create a new one to install Windows XP on and it does the same thing over and over except that the files are ALWAYS different! One time it was mcdsrv32.dll that couldnt copy, another time ntmscvt.dll. The list goes on and on on which files it couldnt copy. There was also a couple of different Stop Errors that popped up during the Windows XP installations. The two Stop Errors were: "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONAGED_AREA" and "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". I'm not exactly sure what these errors are, but I will be doing some research once I am finished writing this. I did write down every Stop Error Code that appeared, if anyone is interested. Thanks for all the help, but it looks like I will be needing a new HDD. (This one is 4 years old or so.)

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,866 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:55 AM

Before "deciding" what might be the root of the problem...it might be wise to do some diagnostic testing, using the appropriate tool from the website of the hard drive manufacturer.

Louis

#7 Sykotik

Sykotik
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:27 AM

I did actually decide to do some hardware diagnostics using Hirens. I sat and thought about it and my wife actually mentioned me doing this before I read your post hamluis. I actually found out that my HDD is good, and 3 of my 4 sticks of RAM are good. However, one stick of RAM was bad and failed horribly at every test ran. So, I pulled it out, and wa-la. Everything is working well! I did go ahead and reinstall Windows XP, I decided a fresh start on this HDD wouldn't be a bad idea since I had nothing to lose anyway. Thanks for all the help!

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,866 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:59 AM

Glad you solved it, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users