Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble with wireless router's

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jun Kikade

Jun Kikade

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:54 PM

Okay, im on the main computer, and I wiped mine last night
The wireless router is Netgear, and my wireless router is Linksys. I connected with the WEP key, and it says it Connected but the Internet cannot be found. I've tried repairing it, but that didnt seem to work. If you could help I'd appreciate it, Thanks

Edit: Also it says my Ethernet Adapter has a wire unplugged, since everything's wireless I dont understand how that can be.

Edited by Jun Kikade, 21 July 2009 - 02:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:24 PM

You have 2 wireless routers? Where is the modem?

And yes if you are connected wireless...your ethernet adapter isn't going to have a wire plugged into it.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 Jun Kikade

Jun Kikade
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:04 PM

I probably have the names wrong, but yeah theres the modem, but the Netgear router is plugged into that. And my computer has the Linksys wireless. My computer is saying its connected but the internet cannot be found in the linksys program

#4 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:28 AM

So you have a modem connected to a Netgear wireless router and you have a Linksys wireless card? You said you had to wipe the computer, did you get the correct driver? I am assuming that before you wiped the PC everything was working fine.

What flavor of Windows do you have? Can you get the makes and models of the router, modem and wireless card?

Lets give this a shot: shut off the modem, unplug the router and shut the PC off. Count to 10, turn the modem on, let the lights settle, plug the router in, let the lights settle and turn the PC on. If that works great if not, get that info and we'll go from there.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users