Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

network

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 acidburned

acidburned

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:06 AM

im trying to fix a friends computer that has dialup. i wont say which one :thumbsup: the problem is it wont find my 56k modem,but in its place is a fax modem. the person they bought it from ,can hook it up at his place and it works,but they get it home and nothing.the phone cord and stuff work,cause they can hook up a laptop to the dialup with no problems.its a remodeled computer p4 intel. i hope some one can help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,264 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:04 AM

Generally speaking...a fax modem is any modem suitable for dialup use. The fax capability is not emphasized and generally requires additional steps to activate such.

I suggest installing the drivers for whatever modem is found (see website of system manufacturer)...and properly setting up the dialup connection.

Installing Hardware Drivers - http://www.optimizingpc.com/install/hardwaredrivers.html

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310410

Louis

#3 acidburned

acidburned
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:08 PM

thank you.its been so long since i had to deal with dial up.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,264 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:51 PM

Easily done, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users