Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connecting to internet through phoneline

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 becknise

becknise

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:45 AM

Ok i have internet connection in my house through a router connected to a cable modem. I can connect wirelessly to the router from my room but it does not have stong signal and sometimes loses connection when connected. There is a phone jack in my room and i was to know if it is possible that i can get a dsl filter connected to the phone jack and connect my ethernet cable from my PC to the DSL filter. Also is possible that i can just get another router for my room and use it to connect to the internet using the same network as the other router.

Thanks

Edited by becknise, 21 July 2009 - 07:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:56 AM

DSL phone filters do not work like that.

Yes you can get a second router but since your wireless signal isn't that good, how would you connect the second router? Cause if you are running a wire that far, you can just plug it into your PC.

But before you shell out some $$....wanna try something low tech and dirt cheap that they say works? This is a template for the Windsurfer. If you make it and do it right they say it will boost your signal. You'd only be out a few pennies for trying this and it might work.

Let us know =)

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users