Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office 2003 Vista Install

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 carnivalofsorts

carnivalofsorts

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:43 AM

Hey guys,

im trying to install office 2003 on a Vista system, and mid way through the prep for instalation, it quits.

It seems to happen during the configuration stage,

Any ideas ??
If there really was a god, then why is my ass the perfect height for kicking ???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:44 AM

The procedure outline here might help
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en...f0-9a19a292ea03
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:00 AM

That doesn't make sense to me Garmanma, in KB290301 it specifically states:

Windows Installer CleanUp Utility does not perform the following functions:

* Remove Windows Installer
* Remove files of any programs that are installed by Windows Installer, such as Microsoft Office 2003

Yet that is exactly what The guy, Rick Kingslan, from Microsoft said to do in that thread. One would think he would know since he writes the documents and help that comes with Office Communications Server - on media, web, and download.

So which is right?

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:58 PM

I know
Microsoft has changed their stance on using it
Just last year they used to have disclaimers all over the place warning not to use the utility with MS Office products and now you read the same KB article and the warnings have been removed :huh:
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users