Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

people giving bad advice

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 liars

liars

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:06 PM

I don't have a million dollars to keep buying security or hard drives so i have to use a small 6GB HD for now and windows crapsta (vista) is having hard time to detect so had to install novell dos 7.0 then windows 3.11 then windows 98se full wont work straight up with 98 off the bat cause wouldnt detect cd drivers even though copied them into config.sys and autoexec.bat files and 98 has old internet 5 version so downloaded opera 9 instead but now have an .dll error (msimg32.dll) you can't find it very easy online anymore now you have to download FREE reg fixer (FREEWARE ISNT FREE ANYMORE) which doesnt help and most cost money and still dont work...ALL I NEED IS MSIMG32.DLL NOT PROGRAM...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:26 PM

Google is your friend.
Free download here. :thumbsup:
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msimg32

#3 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:19 PM

The link given by DSTM is for Windows XP version of msimg32.dll. It will not work for Win98SE.

All the web sites like this keep the latest msimg32.dll which is for Windows XP. It will not work on Windows 98. For Windows 98SE, the latest msimg32.dll file is one included with Windows ME installation. If you have Windows ME original CD, you will find the file inside the compressed cabinet file Win_12.cab. You can open the cabinet file using WinRar.

Put this file in /Windows/System folder of your Windows 98SE installation.

Anyway, if you don't have the WindowsME installation disk, I have uploaded the file on rapidshare. Here is the link :

http://rapidshare.com/files/258116502/msimg32.dll

I dont know if could attach this file on BC (copyright issues).

Hope this helps you.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:10 AM

(FREEWARE ISNT FREE ANYMORE

Linux
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:25 PM

(FREEWARE ISNT FREE ANYMORE)

(FREEWARE ISNT FREE ANYMORE

Linux

garmanma, you forgot BC's: Freeware Replacements For Common Commercial Apps :thumbsup:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 Eric RBA

Eric RBA

• Members
  • 252 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:07 PM

I love how this thread is full of people giving excellent advice after the post's title is "people giving bad advice"
I would never ask a person to do something that I wouldn't do myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users