Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

second harddisk problem?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jassimultani15

jassimultani15

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 20 July 2009 - 07:32 AM

dear friends
I have two samsung ide 80gb harddisk.I have celeron 2.53ghz processor and 845g motherboard.I attach both harddisk with my motherboard.I made 5 drives.the problem is that when i enter in the drive of second harddisk it hangs and no movement on computer and red light appear on cabinet.so i change second harddisk and buy new 80gb harddisk.but it also hang like first one.please help me i want to know what is the main problem or my motherboard does not support two 80gb harddisk.please help me its urgent. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,290 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:33 AM

845G is your chipset...that doesn't tell us much about the motherboard.

System manufacturer and model data...would be useful.

You might also take a look in Disk Management and take a screen shot there (using the Print Screen key) and maybe post that or post all the data reflected there for your drives/partitions.

If I had to guess, I'd say that you don't have your jumpers set properly...but it's too early to guess.

Louis

#3 jassimultani15

jassimultani15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:22 PM

it show all drive healthy.

Attached Files

Edited by jassimultani15, 20 July 2009 - 11:12 PM.

#4 jassimultani15

jassimultani15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:13 PM

Mr. hamluis i post my disk management.please please check this and tell me what is the proble.when i enter d or i it hangs.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,290 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:08 AM

OK...this is what I would do :thumbsup:. This is just grasping at straws.

First...take a look at the drive connections and make sure that the jumper settings are correct.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6031_change-master...esignation.html

After ensuring that each drive has the correct settings, I would go into Disk Management and make the following changes.

Change letter assigned, D: to X:.

Change letter assigned, I: to Y:

Change name of Admin (F) to Admin 2, leave letter assigned alone.

Change letter assigned to 1st CD-ROM from G: to D:.

Leave H: drive alone.

IMO, your partition lettering/naming is a bit scrambled. I'd like to say that it makes no difference, but I do know that some problems can occur when D: is anything other than an optical drive...and two different partitions should never have the same name.

Make the changes in the order that I listed them.

Once that is done, reboot your system.

Louis

#6 jassimultani15

jassimultani15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:54 AM

i do that but nothing happen.it hangs.now i check my both harddisk one by one.i install winxpsp3 in one harddisk for 2 days ,my computer not hang.similarly i check my second harddisk it also not hang.than i can say it is my motherboard or processor problem.if that is the problem i will change motherboard and processor.please help what i do now plz.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,290 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2009 - 01:03 PM

I hate to sound like a broken record...

Did you check the jumper settings on each drive...when you connected the two at the same time?

Is one drive set as Master, with one set as Slave?

Are the two drives connected on the same cable? Are they on separate cables, with nothing else on those cables?

When both are connected...are the drives properly reflected in the BIOS/Setup?

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 24 July 2009 - 12:30 PM.

#8 jassimultani15

jassimultani15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:59 AM

yes one harddisk on primary and second is secondary and both hdd connected with one cable .second hdd is not hang when empty but when i fill something it hangs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users