Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Samsung R610 Wireless

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xstarsunx

xstarsunx

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 19 July 2009 - 06:36 PM

Hello all,

I have a brand spanking new samsung r610 laptop, the wireless internet worked fine at first, but after a week and a half of using it, the wireless internet would just stop working eratically. i would have to disconnect, then connect again. but it would happen 10-30 minutes later, randomly. i would just be on facebook or some other site, i dont go on sites/play games that require a fast internet connection. i haven't installed any applications to this laptop, so i don't know what could be wrong. the laptop came with mcafee anti-virus, maybe it has something to do with that? i checked all the settings and nothing seems to be the problem.. i dont think its the router because my boyfriend and i use the same router to go online with seperate laptops but his works fine while mine disconnects..please help! thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 steelysteelers23

steelysteelers23

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 20 July 2009 - 01:13 PM

What wireless card do you have?

To figure that out, right click on "My Computer" and go to "Manage". Then in the left panel, click on "Device Manager". Then in the right panel, click on the "+" next to "Network Adapters".

#3 xstarsunx

xstarsunx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:21 PM

I have Intel® WiFi Link 5100 AGN

I actually don't think it's laptop's problem, because a few days ago when i went back to my house to use the internet, and everything worked fine, no disconnections, so i'm guessing it's my boyfriend's router! or maybe my wifi settings are limiting the routers connectivity? i dont even know anymore! my old laptop never had this problem when i used the internet at my boyfriends house, so i don't really know what the problem could be

#4 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:34 PM

Option 1 - Get a new boyfriend hehe :thumbsup: j/k

Option 2 - Does he have any kind of security turned on for wireless connections? WPA? WEP? MAC Access? If so have him remove it and see if you still have the issue. And if it works good at your place and not at his...I agree with you..its his router. Might just need to reboot his network. Unplug the modem and router. Turn the modem on, let the lights settle. Turn on the router, let the lights settle. Reboot your laptop and connect.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users