Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express or Similar

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 willythecat

willythecat

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:01 AM

XP Home SP3 & IE8.
Because l followed the official upgrade route, l was still able to use Outlook Expess 6 with IE8.
My OE6 is now totally "screwed" so l'm stuck (although l can use my ISP's email service).
I've googled OE6, but because it's part of IE6, it wont let me download because "l have a newer version of IE".
Is there a way/a site where l can just download OE6 without the IE6 check being made?
I don't want to use MS's Windows Live Mail!
Or is there another similar mail program out there that just runs as an email program and doesn't take over the toolbar like Thunderbird?
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zwr2

zwr2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:24 AM

XP Home SP3 & IE8.
Because l followed the official upgrade route, l was still able to use Outlook Expess 6 with IE8.
My OE6 is now totally "screwed" so l'm stuck (although l can use my ISP's email service).
I've googled OE6, but because it's part of IE6, it wont let me download because "l have a newer version of IE".
Is there a way/a site where l can just download OE6 without the IE6 check being made?
I don't want to use MS's Windows Live Mail!
Or is there another similar mail program out there that just runs as an email program and doesn't take over the toolbar like Thunderbird?
Thanks

I used to come with the problem,and i have solved it with a popular Outlook recovery tool called Advanced Outlook Repair . It is a powerful tool to recover messages, folders and other objects from corrupt or damaged Microsoft Outlook PST files. Detailed information about Advanced Outlook Repair can be found at http://www.datanumen.com/aor/.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users