Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

More Problems -_-'''

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Moo Cow

Moo Cow

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 19 July 2009 - 05:38 AM

Hello again everyone :thumbsup:,
I've got a new problem on my computer(or problems)

So, the other day i deleted Norton and downloaded Avira and Geswall (because i was recommended to get them as they are very good together, accordingly)
I did a scan with Avira and it keeps giving me false positives in my HP folder. Saying i have 'APPL/ACLSet'. Now i did scans on Mbam and sybot S&D and they didn't find anything unusual.
I also did a scan yesterday and it found another thing and it automaticly deleted it without my permission. It was called 'APPL/KillApp.A' now again it was found in my HP folder and it annoyed me that Avira deleted it -_-'''
Now, heres the problem. I started up my computer as usual, and it was freezing more than usual, and doing things it dosent normally do.

This is where Avira found the ACLSet:C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP TCS\SetACL.exe.
This is where Avira found The KillApp.A:C:\HP\BIN\EndProcess.exe
Now, am i roght are these false positives? or are they real and are causing the unusual start up? or is it the fact that i have a lot of programs on my Laptop?

Any help would go a mile for me,
From your fellow Confuzzled User.

I'll Believe ANYTHING when Cows fly!!! :3

CHOOOOOOOOOCOOLAAAAAAATEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:52 AM

I think they are false positives, but to be sure, submit both files to: Jottis

Post the results Thanks!

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 Moo Cow

Moo Cow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2009 - 08:13 AM

yeah both false positives. Everything but Avira came up clean. Also, is there any way top stop Avira going beserk every time i click on it or scan my computer? or should i replace avira with a different Av?

#4 snowdrop

snowdrop

• Members
  • 513 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:10 AM

May one ask;

the other day i deleted Norton and downloaded Avira and Geswall (because i was recommended to get them as they are very good together, accordingly

Just to make sure Norton IS off there, by what method did you remove the Norton product?

IF the computer is still misbehaving you may yet have Norton remnants on there ; you could have conflicts that will make Avira act 'oddly' :thumbsup:

#5 Moo Cow

Moo Cow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:20 AM

I uninstalled it through CCleaner :thumbsup: then did multiple checks to make sure everythings gone in the registry and in Files (trust me i know it leaves stuff i had this problem and it caused my XP to BSOD and i knew it wasnt a virus lol )

#6 D_N_M

D_N_M

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:26 AM

Hello Moo Cow

I don't think Ccleaner is the way to go about removing Norton.
They do make a Norton removal tool that you can check out here http://majorgeeks.com/Norton_Removal_Tool_SymNRT_d4749.html

D_N_M

#7 snowdrop

snowdrop

• Members
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:50 AM

Or try this one From Norton

To state the hopefully obvious you do need to disable the Norton product and stop it running prior to running the tool
MY suspicion is you actually still have Norton on there and it is clashing with Avira :thumbsup:
Can you check in Start/Control Panel/ Add or Remove Programs to see if Norton IS listed there?

#8 Moo Cow

Moo Cow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2009 - 10:04 AM

Or try this one From Norton

To state the hopefully obvious you do need to disable the Norton product and stop it running prior to running the tool
MY suspicion is you actually still have Norton on there and it is clashing with Avira :thumbsup:
Can you check in Start/Control Panel/ Add or Remove Programs to see if Norton IS listed there?

Definetly not there.....
To be honest Im starting to think it could be something else.... I know i've had problems with freezing and locking up... but i don't know if these are related
(ill be back on tommorrow :D)

#9 snowdrop

snowdrop

• Members
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:41 PM

An idea comes to mind; do you have your Windows Firewall enabled?
it just MIGHT clash with this
http://www.gentlesecurity.com/

http://www.gentlesecurity.com/docs/geswallfaq01.html#q1

also have a read HERE

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2009 - 04:12 PM

What did the Joti scan from post 2 say?
If it was a False positive you can Exclude it from the Avira scan.

Add a file/folder to the Exclusions list of Guard: open AntiVir -> Configuration -> tick Expert Mode -> Guard -> Scan -> Exception. Add the concerned file
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#11 Moo Cow

Moo Cow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2009 - 06:29 AM

did the Jotti scan only avira found it to be a virus. Ive excluded it from a scan like you said :)z Hopefully everythings okay now :thumbsup:
Thanks all that help,
Moo cow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users