Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer freezes within 5 minutes - new build

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Scorehound

Scorehound

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:34 AM

Good morning,

I just upgraded my Motherboard, CPU, RAM and HD and within 5 minutes of starting up my system locks.

I am wondering if it could be the wireless card causing a conflict, but I had the card installed with my old build with Vista 32 prior and never had an issue...however it is a new MB so maybe that could be the issue?

MB: Asus M4N78 PRO (Socket AM2+)
CPU: AMD Athlon X2 Black Edition 7750 (2.7 Ghz)
RAM: OCZ Vista Upgrade Edition Dual Channel 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz
Hard Drive: Seagate Barricuda 500 GB SATA
Video Card: XFX GeForce 256 MB
Sound Card: OnBoard Sound
CD-ROM: HP DVD Writer (IDE, not SATA)
Wireless: Belkin F5D8001 Wireless card (N1) - http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage...oduct_Id=273535
Power Supply: Ultra SLI 500 Watt
OS: Windows Vista 32 Bit (tried 64 bit with same problems)

I am certain it is hardware related, but I wonder if it could be:

1. CPU overheating (unlikely, I have a CPU heatsink plus 3 fans blowing hot air out)
2. Wireless N1 Card (Locks up EVERYTIME while trying to connect to the internet via wireless)

Any ideas?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Amunoz0208

Amunoz0208

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:24 PM

It could be the wireless card but from past experience I'd say the HDD, whenever my pc locked up randomly it was always the hard drive. Just start taking out non essential parts (Wireless Card, Extra Ram) and if it starts like that then start adding back parts to see what causes the system to lock up

#3 Scorehound

Scorehound
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:32 PM

It was the wireless card. Even though it worked with my old build, my new setup does not like the card, and I read some reviews on the card and a lot of people have said it was freezing their systems as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users