Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PLEASE READ

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 napster65

napster65

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:27 AM

ok i need lotz ofhelp

On my PC(its xp ) when i did virus scan it said i had like 10 things but one of them started to worry me....

it said in the list that there was a Backdoor.Turkojan

after reading that it said it lets the person who gave it to me or others can remotly controle my PC(or others lol) made me worry

TIME IS RUNNING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol
pls help tell me the best way to get rid of it forever!

also can som1 tell me,is this a fake or real it sounds bad but ive hears theres fakes this is wat it is:

Trojan-downloader.WMA.getcodec

pls help me
sorry for such a long post too!
ty

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:17 AM

Check out the link below.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/lof...hp/t162435.html
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

#3 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:33 AM

Blues, why do you want the person to check out that particular thread?

That one is in the HJT forum and this person could probably get help quicker in the AII forum.

Btw, I have already posted to have one of this persons threads about this moved to AII

Edited by Stang777, 19 July 2009 - 04:44 AM.

#4 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:48 AM

Napster, the virus seems real and you should refrain from doing any online banking or any transactions online using a bank card. Also if you have access to an uninfected computer, you should change all your passwords.

Ths topic should be moved to the "Am I Infected" section of this forum soon but you could also start off by running a scan with Malwarebytes and following the below directions.

It can be downloaded from any of these places...

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

alternate download link 1
http://malwarebytes.gt500.org/mbam-setup.exe

alternate download link 2
http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Ant...ware_d5756.html

Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application. (If it will not download, install, or open after installation, change the name of it to whatever you want and change the .exe extension to .bat or .com or .pif or scr and then double click on it to run.)

When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings. When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:

Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Then click Finish.

MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.

Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected. Then click on the Scan button.
If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.

When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found". Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.

After running that scan, post the complete log of the results here and then download, install, update and run a quick scan with SuperAntiSpyware and post the complete log of the results here. This scan may take some time to complete so please be patient.

That can be downloaded from SuperAntiSpyware.com

If it will not download, install, or open after installation, change the name of it to whatever you want and change the .exe extension to .bat or .com or .pif or scr and then double click on it to run.

If possible, both programs should be run in regular Windows, not safe mode. Allow both programs to remove whatever they find and if they tell you that you need to reboot your computer to complete the removal process, reboot into normal Windows.

Edited by Stang777, 19 July 2009 - 04:48 AM.

#5 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:57 AM

The OP has a duplicate of there post witch has now been moved to the AII thread here, so to avoid confusion this topic is now closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users