Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PLEASE READ

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 napster65

napster65

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:22 AM

ok i need lotz ofhelp

On my PC(its xp ) when i did virus scan it said i had like 10 things but one of them started to worry me....

it said in the list that there was a Backdoor.Turkojan

after reading that it said it lets the person who gave it to me or others can remotly controle my PC(or others lol) made me worry

TIME IS RUNNING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol
pls help tell me the best way to get rid of it forever!

also can som1 tell me,is this a fake or real it sounds bad but ive hears theres fakes this is wat it is:

Trojan-downloader.WMA.getcodec

pls help me
sorry for such a long post too!
ty

Edited by The weatherman, 19 July 2009 - 04:48 AM.
Moved from XP to a more appropriate forum. Tw

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 19 July 2009 - 05:07 AM

Hi Napster and Welcome to BleepingComputers,

The virus seems real and because of there being a backdoor virus present you should refrain from doing any online banking or any transactions online using a bank card on that computer. Also if you have access to an uninfected computer, you should change all your passwords.

You could start off by running a scan with Malwarebytes and following the below directions.

It can be downloaded from any of these places...

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

alternate download link 1
http://malwarebytes.gt500.org/mbam-setup.exe

alternate download link 2
http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Ant...ware_d5756.html

Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application. (If it will not download, install, or open after installation, change the name of it to whatever you want and change the .exe extension to .bat or .com or .pif or scr and then double click on it to run.)

When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings. When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:

Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Then click Finish.

MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.

Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected. Then click on the Scan button.
If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.

When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found". Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.

After running that scan, post the complete log of the results here and then download, install, update and run a quick scan with SuperAntiSpyware and post the complete log of the results here. This scan may take some time to complete so please be patient.

That can be downloaded from SuperAntiSpyware.com

If it will not download, install, or open after installation, change the name of it to whatever you want and change the .exe extension to .bat or .com or .pif or scr and then double click on it to run.

If possible, both programs should be run in regular Windows, not safe mode. Allow both programs to remove whatever they find and if they tell you that you need to reboot your computer to complete the removal process, reboot into normal Windows.

#3 napster65

napster65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2009 - 05:53 AM

i am running full scan right now :)imnot good at this stuff lolz but u havehelped me heaps!
ty so much :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: :inlove:

#4 napster65

napster65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2009 - 05:56 AM

wait lol i just read it again i do quick scan lol this me: :thumbsup:

#5 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:14 AM

You are welcome and it really does not matter if you ran the full scan, you can post that log. I only said to run quick scan to save you time, but if you have already ran the full scan, that log would be just as good.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,026 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:15 PM

You can run either.. The Full scan is mostly needed if you have more than one drive to scan. I will sometimes also reqest it when we have a lot of files found on the PC after the Quick scan,
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 napster65

napster65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:01 PM

omg it only came up with 1 file infection which was: Trrojan-agent

i hpe that is for the trojandownloader there was

:thumbsup:

#8 napster65

napster65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:04 PM

i wanna get rid of the turkojan tho th
ats the main thing i wanna get off

#9 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:23 PM

It is possibly that one.

Post the log for that scan and then continue with the above directions for SuperAntiSpyware.

What program initially picked up the infection?

Edited by Stang777, 19 July 2009 - 07:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users