Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Installer error 1719 / MOVED to XP

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Qlaxis

Qlaxis

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:01 PM

I'm running Windows XP Media Center 2004 SP3. I've been looking and the issues I am dealing with keep popping up with other users. But, from almost 2 years ago when SP2 first came out for XP. I just got back from my vacation to Washington D.C. when I decided I wished to play Fallout 3 again. I started the program but it said something about an live file of some sort, which I searched and was able to relate to a Games for Windows Live 2.0 update.
No big deal...but when I tried to install it gave me some error about windows installer. Then the fun began.
I searched for other updates and found that there was a new Windows Installer for download, so I downloaded and installed 3.1, 3.1 v2, and 4.0 with the new 4.5. So then I tried again, and it stills says I can't install it. So I checked what windows said to do about it. They gave me 4 different methods, none of which worked. These can be found here:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319624
I ran MBAM, SpybotSD, ZoneAlarm, Comodo Registry fixer, none of these solved the issue. About this time while I was searching I needed to reboot my pc. I left a few tabs open in Mozilla and saved and exited. Upon reboot Mozilla Firefox can no longer be run correctly because it keeps crashing. I'll post a video file on a youtube link so you can see what is happening with that, if need be.
I then ran a disc check and let my computer reboot to a disc check. It rebooted again to my OS after this. Nothing has happened.
I tried one of several other methods and got a 'An event was unable to invoke any of the subscribers' error. If you guys could help, that'd be great. Until I get this resolved, my awesome gaming computer is now an awesome waste of space and time.
Thank you,
Qlaxis

Edited by garmanma, 27 July 2009 - 04:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:25 PM

I'm sorry, but I have read your post four times and I still don't understand what problems you are having
Going by the MS link you provided, I'm assuming you are having Installer problems
Did you see this article?
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324516
Don't pay any attention to the MS Office reference
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Qlaxis

Qlaxis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:55 PM

I tried method 1 and it said the service was stopped. I rebooted and it was still stopped and my installation would still not complete.
I then attempted method 2, but when I rebooted in safe mode and tried to re-register windows installer it gave me an error saying "An event was unable to invoke any of the subscribers."
A point of interest though, when I rebooted in safe mode it prompted me at the bottom if I wanted to press esc to cancel the loading of a "SPTD.exe" or something. I hadn't seen this before when I've run reboot in safe mode before, so it caught my eye and I was wondering if it's supposed to be there?

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:49 PM

Do you use Daemon Tools, by chance?
I believe that SPTD.exe belongs to that
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#5 Qlaxis

Qlaxis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:21 PM

Yes I do. But there is still the problem of not being able to invoke any subscribers, whatever that means.

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:18 PM

Most of the articles I have found suggest removing Daemon Tools
Mark
Posted Image

#7 Qlaxis

Qlaxis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:33 PM

Most of the articles I have found suggest removing Daemon Tools

I tried to remove it and it gives me an error saying that the Windows installer service cannot be reached. I went into safe mode to try and uninstall it, but it says that same thing still. It doesn't deny all programs installation though, it's picky. I tried to access user accounts to double check my settings to make sure they haven't been tampered with but it pops up with an internet explorer script error. After clicking no about 20 or so times it will go away, but nothing else seems to work. My computer also says it needs to install updates when shutting down, but it never installs them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users