Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista 64bit dxva232.dll

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 andywt

andywt

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:26 PM

I have a HP Laptop that seems to be infected with something. Every time I launch an application (it doesn't matter which one) I get a series of dialogs that popup stating in the title the exe, bad image (e.g. "AcroRd32.exe - Bad Image")I am trying to launch but the details say "c:\windows\system32\dxva232.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contained as error." If I hit ok the app launches. Sometimes i can get 4-8 of these dialogs before the app launches.

I can't find any traces of a "dxva232.dll on the computer. This is Vista 64 bit.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 andywt

andywt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:53 PM

Well I did some searching of the registry and did find a reference to dxva.232.dll in the HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Windows NT\Current Version\Windows\APPInit_DLLs key. Strange thing about the key is when I displayed the values, nothing showed. So I exported the key and then edited it in Notepad, reimported it. It seems to be working. My guess is it was a remnant of some spyware and the dll got deleted but the reg entry did not get changed.

I used both SuperAntiSpyWare and Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware to remove two (Hijack.DisplayProperties and Trojan.FakeAlert).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users