Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blocking a Web Site?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 trevorveasey

trevorveasey

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 10 July 2005 - 06:18 PM

hello, I was wondering how I can block my comp from going to a web site? I have windows XP SP2. I am using Firefox browser. Thank you for your help.
Trevor

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 maj.stiffy

maj.stiffy

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2005 - 08:34 PM

do you have firewall software/hardware, if you do you can config it to not go to certain sites for certain times of the day, or never if you choose. i'm relatively new to using firefox myself so i'm not sure if there is integrated blocking in the browser. i know that ie has a rudimentary way of blocking certain web sites based on ratings, words, etc...if you need more help i'll be happy to help, just ask
maj.stiffy

#3 trevorveasey

trevorveasey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2005 - 02:15 AM

Yea, I tried using Firfox to block it, but I can't figure it out. I will have to just play with it. Thanks.
Trevor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users