Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Netgear router and adapter?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 monika

monika

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:45 AM

Hi,

I was just wondering as my netgear wireless adapter WPN111 for my laptop has broken and I need to get a new one. Would any of the Netgear adaptors be compatible with my router (108 Mbps RangeMax Wireless Router - DG834PN) or do I have to get the same one as the one I had. I have noticed that some of the other adapters are much cheaper to get. I do not need big range, jsut within my flat, let's say 10m range.

Thanks for any answers.

Mon xxx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zesler

zesler

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:01 PM

Hi,

I was just wondering as my netgear wireless adapter WPN111 for my laptop has broken and I need to get a new one. Would any of the Netgear adaptors be compatible with my router (108 Mbps RangeMax Wireless Router - DG834PN) or do I have to get the same one as the one I had. I have noticed that some of the other adapters are much cheaper to get. I do not need big range, jsut within my flat, let's say 10m range.

Thanks for any answers.

Mon xxx

Most all devices are compatible with each other, due to standards and such. You shouldn't have any issue connecting. Cheap brands can have issues installing and might have as much available support but all brands should work, unless your using a different standard. Make sure your new device supports the same encryption, wireless standard your router supports. (802.11g)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users