Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bluetooth for windows xp

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 genius12

genius12

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:17 AM

Hi guys! I have a blackberry 7100, and I want to connect it with my computer using bluetooth technology. The I can use blackberry deskptop software to transfer stuff. But I was wondering that how do I know if my windows and computer come with builtin bluetooth support, because blackberry recommends to use the windows builtin bluetooth software. And if I do have it then how can I enable it. 

dell optiplex GX1

windows xp pro sp3

320mb ram

intel p3 processor

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Edit: And is there a 3rd party software that I could use if my computer doesnt have builtin bluetooth support.

Thanks again. :flowers:  

Edited by genius12, 18 July 2009 - 10:18 AM.

" Determination is the cause of Intervention."-Muhammad Shariq

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:16 PM

You would need the bluetooth driver for your model of computer
Unfortunately, your computer is rather old and there is no driver on Dell's website for that model
In fact they don't even have XP drivers for that model
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...tid=&impid=

I also notice that you are rather limited in your memory
I found this article that is worth reading:
http://banagale.com/setting-up-bluetooth-s.../comment-page-2
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users