Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop not allow me access to internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SPIRITED

SPIRITED

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:37 AM

hi,

i recently got rid of the virus anti-virus removal using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware but now i got new problem which is when trying to go certain site i get dialog box saying
runtime error
- c\program files\internet explorer/iexplorer.exe
- r6025 -pure virtual function call,
then closing and when going to utube website it says restricted web site and that i got virus and should remove it using antivirus removal.

i did try changing security level did not allow it. I have admin right to change level, but doesn't work.

firstly did i remove the virus in the first place and whats happing now.

thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:18 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Please subscribe to your topic so that you will be notified as soon as I post a reply, instead of you having to check the topic all of the time. This will allow you to get an email notification when I reply.

To subscribe, go to your topic, and at the top right hand corner by your first post, click the Options button and then click Track this topic. The bullet the immediate notification bubble. Then press submit.

It sounds like whatever type of virus that you tried to remove is still lurking around if Internet Explorer is saying that you should remove a virus via virus removal.

Please update Malwarebytes and run a full scan again by:

Start MalwareBytes and click the Update tab. There click "Check for updates"
In case you can't update the database via the update option, please download and install the database from here. Only do this when the update option doesn't work.
Once the updates are downloaded, perform a full scan again.
The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply

Edited by Computer Pro, 18 July 2009 - 03:19 PM.

Computer Pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users