Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

OE problem after changing ISP's

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 willythecat

willythecat

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:54 AM

Wndows XP Home (SP3) with IE8.
I have recently changed French ISP's from Wanadoo (orange) to Free, and have been allocated a new email account which works fine.
With my old ISP, I used to hit the read mail icon on the IE8 toolbar which opened up Outlook Express, but with the new ISP installed, when l hit the button, it tries to connect with my old isp and Outlook Express starts up but with a Wanadoo icon on the header bar.
Went into tools/accounts and saw that there was only one there. Created a new account, put my new ISP's details in the properties and set it as the default. Went back to IE8, selected the read mail icon, but it still tries to open my old ISP first. When l checked on the two accounts, it had switched the default account back to the original.
So this time l deleted the old account, and just left my new one in there. Same routine again with IE8 and still it tries to open up my old ISP. Checked the accounts in OE again, and it had put back the deleted account as default.
I'm now a bit stumped as to what's going on and why OE seems so obsessed with my old ISP.
Any ideas as to what l can do next?
Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users