Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My wifi was hacked and I am not sure if my computer still is?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tiggy123

tiggy123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:43 AM

I set up security a password,via Linksys. Initially the woman I had given the password to gave it to her son and his friend I bumped them off via Linksys telling me to "permit" her mac address at "mac filtering" and mine only and "enable" it and save settings. It worked because they called and were angry. Several hours later I came back and the security was disabled and all three of them were on the wifi again. I just am worried that the computer is still accessible even though it is no longer on the router but just the modem. I downloaded TCPview and ran it and several lines started becoming red but quickly disappeared. I downloaded Fport and ran it but the screen does not stay up and I am sure I would not know how to read it anyway!

I am very angry as these people who are telling me I am lying to them and sold them a stolen computer. (They are out of their minds) Baring doing a ton of more work would any of you suggest taking the problem to the assistant DA (I already called and was told to speak to him) . We have an excellent computer forensics lab in our County but he would have to refer me there and I guess to do that I would have to press charges. What do you think?

tiggy123

I have the "chat" logs form Linksys if more specific information is needed

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:13 AM

I think I would just find a way to block them and secure your computer.

Going the route of the legal system seems like a whole lot of trouble to go to

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users