Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win2k tips NEEDED

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jimbob

jimbob

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 05 September 2004 - 12:18 AM

Does anyone have the link to change Admin services (local)? It was the one that told you which ones could be changed (automatic\disable\manual). I found it once, but can't find it now. I think it was buried in another thread.

Also, is there some way to "autolog in" when rebooting, without the help of an outside program.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 05 September 2004 - 12:52 AM

hmm, JimBob, winME isn't my forte. I think what you seek is how to modify Windows Service Configurations. Try this link: blackviper If that doesn't work, post a reply here and someone else might know a better solution. (I'm not exactly sure of your "auto logon" answer, either...but I'm sure someone else does.) :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 Daisuke

Daisuke

Cleaner on Duty

• Members
  • 5,575 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2004 - 03:30 AM

Windows 2000 Professional Services Configuration - blackviper

You should be very careful. If this is the first time, write down the changes you are making. Read something about how to use Recovery Console in case of disaster: Recovery Console W2K

Windows 2000 Automatically Log On: here.
Everyday is virus day. Do you know where your recovery CDs are ?
Did you create them yet ?

Posted Image

#4 jimbob

jimbob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2004 - 03:59 AM

Thanks guys. That was EXACTLY what I was looking for. I did all this on my old setup, but I reinstalled win2k and forgot where to go to get it back. Big thanks guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users