Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton Anti Virus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 villavengore

villavengore

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 10 July 2005 - 04:47 PM

I think I've managed to block Firefox from accessing the net with NAV, how do I undo this? Sorry if this is something very simple, I just can't seem to find a list of blocked programs to delete it from.

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bar5

bar5

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 10 July 2005 - 06:53 PM

I think I've managed to block Firefox from accessing the net with NAV, how do I undo this?  Sorry if this is something very simple, I just can't seem to find a list of blocked programs to delete it from.

Thanks in advance

To my knowledge NAV cannot block Firefox from accessing the internet. Do you have Norton Internet Security? If you do, open it up click on:

Firewall/configure/programs/

Look for Firefox and on the right hand side it should say "Permit All", if it doesn't change it to that by clicking on whatever it says and a menu will open and you can change it. Make sure you click OK, after you change it.

If you do not have Norton check whatever firewall you have.

Barb

Edited by bar5, 10 July 2005 - 10:14 PM.

#3 villavengore

villavengore
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 11 July 2005 - 05:01 PM

Thank you - of course it IS NIS - that will teach me to lose my temper and post in the early hours - will keep this book marked and make alterations after Groovicus has led me by the hand through killing these vile things in my computer.

Thanks again.

#4 bar5

bar5

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 11 July 2005 - 06:33 PM

Thank you - of course it IS NIS - that will teach me to lose my temper and post in the early hours - will keep this book marked and make alterations after Groovicus has led me by the hand through killing these vile things in my computer.

Thanks again.

You are very welcome. Glad I could help.

Have a good day.

Barb :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users