Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

winsystem32xp.exe

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shakie_anoni

shakie_anoni

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 10 July 2005 - 04:45 PM

My virusscanner (F-Prot antivirus) detected this file :
winsystem32xp.exe - W32/Spybot.KAM

But when I search for it on my comp I could never find the file. So I googled that file and it's called a W32.Kelvir.W worm and I deleted it with Symantec.
My computer is still being weird and slow though.
This time I used NoAdware to scan my computer and all these weird pif.files came up. NoAdware doesnt delete the files though, it just scans.

I searched for .pif files on my computer and a few files came up, but i had to switch of my pc, cause the screen began shaking and being all weird =S.

All I want to know is how to delete .pif files and how can i know if the worm was really deleted from my computer.
My computer is surely still infected

Oh a few times this small black window came on to my screen and it said somethign like : "Don't worry...Killing all the pests".
Well it was something like that =/. So I don't know if that was a hacker that was typing something to me :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 11 July 2005 - 02:50 AM

If you think you are infected submit a hijackthis log here.

How to submit a hijackthis log

Download Hijackthis

Also try running A2 Free and Ewido

I'd also run Spybot and Adaware

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 11 July 2005 - 02:31 PM

Hi shakie anoni

I split and moved your HJT log to the HJT forum. You do not have to repost it.

Please be patient - the HJT team will analyze it as soon as they are able to do so.

Your log is here > http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/24351/winsystem32xpexe-w32spybotkam/

regards,
Koan
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users