Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

status.msi on network rsource that is unavailable

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dunnock

dunnock

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:31 PM

After I log on to the internet I get a box titled Status with the message
The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK or enter alternative path to a folder containing the installation package 'status.msi.' Use source c:\temp\7zS3E91\setup\status
If I click ok then I get the message with exclamation
Path cannot be found try to find the installation package 'status.msi' in a folder from which you can install the product Status
My laptop won't shut down from the start menu and the downloads that need restart don't get downloaded. i appear to be caught in some trap! I looked for similar problems on the forum and there are some but I don't understand the answers because I am not very computer literate. Any kind soul who knows what's going on please think of your granny caught in this trap and how you would get her out of it. I was only downloading updates as far as I can remember when this beast appeared and now haunts my computer. This is my first ever forum and it has cracked my brain getting this far but the beast is really annoying so I will be immensely grateful if anyone can help me. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 17 July 2009 - 05:13 PM

Repair / Replace the Microsoft Installer:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315346
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users