Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to uninstall leftover traces of Word 2003?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RawAmateur

RawAmateur

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:43 PM

to remove traces of Word 2003 so they dont interfere with Word 2007?
About six months ago a computer tech. consultant took my VAIO VGN-SZ750N laptop to his office to clean it up.I'd recently told him I was finding Word 2007 (Windows Office and Student 2007) confusing and preferred Word 2003. Without asking for a go-ahead he installed Word 2003. When he did this, he didn't uninstall Word 2007.

I persevered with Word 2007 and really grew to like it, so then wanted to remove the newly-installed Word 2003. Soon afterwards the consultant and I parted company
somewhat acrimoniously, so borrowing the Word 2003 disk he'd used (which would have made removal easier) is unfortunately out of the question.
I tried to uninstall the Word 2003 via Control Panel and the uninstall/change facility under Programs and Features. Although Word 2003 disappeared from there and from the list of programs in the Start menu, there's evidence from time to time that elements of Word 2003 are still hanging around in the computer.

When I've attempted to remove these traces, I've got a request for my Microsoft user-name and password, without which I can't proceed. I don't remember ever being given these when I bought my computer loaded with Vista and later bought and installed Office Home & Student. All the computer and accessories I have were acquired perfectly legally. Maybe I should add that I'm near 80, and not as switched on as I used to be!
I'd greatly value advice from anyone who can help.

Edited by boopme, 17 July 2009 - 03:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:53 PM

Office Removal Wizard
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2003/...1401771033.Aspx
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users