Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

is comodo stopping the malware or is the firewall?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 polarpimp

polarpimp

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:22 PM

i ws watching this video and i dont knw if the firewall or the comodo antivirus was stopping them. Im trying to decide wich antivirus is better, avira or comodo?
i dont knw how to link so just go 2 youtube.com and type in Comodo 3.9 Prevention Tests

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 snowdrop

snowdrop

• Members
  • 513 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:40 AM

i ws watching this video and i dont knw if the firewall or the comodo antivirus was stopping them. Im trying to decide wich antivirus is better, avira or comodo?
i dont knw how to link so just go 2 youtube.com and type in Comodo 3.9 Prevention Tests

Are you asking if the firewall or the antivirus program were stopping your viewing the U- tube video?

If so, which antivirus program is involved and which firewall? Plus which OS?

#3 JamesFrance

JamesFrance

• Members
  • 283 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:58 PM

The way Comodo Internet Security works now is that you will not get a defense+ alert if the antivirus part has already detected a malware. If you run another av you will get defense+ alerts for everything not on the whitelist.

Defense+ is quite capable of detecting malware without an av, but you would have to decide if it's alerts are for something malicious or not. That is why it is better to use the antivirus part of CIS, so that known viruses are stopped automatically without the user having to make a decision.
James

#4 polarpimp

polarpimp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:29 AM

Are you asking if the firewall or the antivirus program were stopping your viewing the U- tube video?

If so, which antivirus program is involved and which firewall? Plus which OS?

no im saying that on the vid wich antivirus did better?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users