Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MSN Emoticons Plus

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lizard queen

lizard queen

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 10 July 2005 - 12:34 PM

MSN Emoticons Plus was installed on my PC, then uninstalled but the "reminder" popup still displays every time I boot up my computer. I even click the exit button and the stupid thing pops back up a few seconds later.

I've already sent an email to those people but of course, there is no reply (am I surprised?)

So if anyone has encountered this and/or can help me, would be greatly appreciated.
I've uploaded a screenshot of the nasty thing, see below.

thank you.
lizard queen.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 10 July 2005 - 05:27 PM

Go to this ZDNet page and download and install MSN Emoticons Plus 2.04. Then uninstall it from Add/Remove programs again. The description for this version includes "Version 2.04 updates register procedure" which makes me suspect there was a bug in earlier versions and you have found it.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 lizard queen

lizard queen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2005 - 09:48 PM

YES! That worked like a charm! Thank you soooo much!

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2005 - 09:52 PM

Typical of this kind of junk program they mispelled "register" on the button. I am glad you got rid of it.
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 10 July 2005 - 09:56 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2005 - 10:06 PM

Thats great lizard queen and thanks for posting back and letting us know we helped you out. I forgot my Welcome to BC when I first posted in your thread here so you are getting it now. If you like the site, tell your friends, if you don't, tell our jgweed :thumbsup: and he'll fix you right up.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#6 lizard queen

lizard queen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2005 - 10:18 PM

Thanks for the welcome and I forgot to say thanks so much for the fast reply.

As for the spelling mistakes, if you though the "regester" one was bad, you should have seen how many were in the instructions when I was reinstalling the thing, lol.

It is so good to have that awful popup gone, you have no idea. Every time it poped up, it would interrupt other programs that I was running.

Thanks so much again. You're the best! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users