Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i changed my ip address and now i'm having trouble...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 buddyisme

buddyisme

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:25 AM

I heard it's good for security reasons to change your ip address regularly and (stupidly) believed it. So I went to "run" typed "cmd" and then ipconfig enter ipconfig/release and then ipconfig/renew. I used the new ip address it put in, went to network properties double clicked internet protocol (tcp/ip) and then typed in the new ip. Now I can get online, but no websites will display. HOw do I get my old ip address back? Can you explain it in really simple terms, because I'm horrible with computers and only knew how to do this because a website told me how. What do i do now?

Edited by Pandy, 17 July 2009 - 01:13 PM.
Moved from Windows Vista ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 andrewww

andrewww

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:46 PM

If you are on windows XP go to start, control panel, internet connections then network connections. Right click on the local area connection you are using and select properties and click internet protocol )tcp/ip) and set the two options to automaticly get ip and DNS

Edit:

Just seen it was moved from the vista forum, work your way to network connections like you did previously and carry on from right click...

Edited by andrewww, 17 July 2009 - 02:47 PM.

Lucy
C2D E6600 @ 2.4, 8GB OCZ Reaper @ 1066, 500GB Barracuda, Powercolor HD4850, Asus P5Q Pro, Corsair TX650, NZXT Lexa Blackline, Windows 7 - Build 7100, Samsung 22" Monitor

#3 buddyisme

buddyisme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:01 PM

You're amazing! I'm working from the computer i was having problems with now :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users