Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware not installing!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 master131

master131

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:13 AM

I have used Malwarebytes Anti-Malware alot so I am an experienced user. A long time ago after updating from 1.29 to 1.30 (I think). I recieved an error and I went crazy. After that I have been ditching Malwarebytes (well only on my computer) for a while now. Today, I thought about it and tried again and still get an error. Here's what it says:

Run-time error '339':
Component 'vbalsgrid6.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing is invalid.

I have tried many fixes like 'updateMBperms.bat' and registering the file manually but it doesn't work!

It does actually get through the installation but it still doesn't run and says the same message again.

I am 100% sure my computer is virus free because I do regular scans with Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 and mantain my computer's health with TuneUp Utilities 2009.

Edited by master131, 17 July 2009 - 02:16 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:49 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer

Please subscribe to your topic so that you will be notified as soon as I post a reply, instead of you having to check the topic all of the time. This will allow you to get an email notification when I reply.

To subscribe, go to your topic, and at the top right hand corner by your first post, click the Options button and then click Track this topic. The bullet the immediate notification bubble. Then press submit.

Seeing that your getting the runtime error, please look it C:/Windows/System32 and look for the following file: REGSVR32.EXE. Is it there?
Computer Pro

#3 snowdrop

snowdrop

• Members
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:57 PM

OR

have you yet tried completely uninstalling Malwarebytes, reboot; redownload the Malwarebytes

version 1.39

and rename the exe to maybe 'comfort.exe'

try that to see if it will run ?

#4 master131

master131
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:47 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer

Please subscribe to your topic so that you will be notified as soon as I post a reply, instead of you having to check the topic all of the time. This will allow you to get an email notification when I reply.

To subscribe, go to your topic, and at the top right hand corner by your first post, click the Options button and then click Track this topic. The bullet the immediate notification bubble. Then press submit.

Seeing that your getting the runtime error, please look it C:/Windows/System32 and look for the following file: REGSVR32.EXE. Is it there?

It's there.

#5 master131

master131
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:49 AM

OR

have you yet tried completely uninstalling Malwarebytes, reboot; redownload the Malwarebytes

version 1.39

and rename the exe to maybe 'comfort.exe'

try that to see if it will run ?

I get the same message! >.<

#6 snowdrop

snowdrop

• Members
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:26 AM

I have found this

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/lofiver....php/t6207.html

on which others seem to have a similar problem
I note in particular this bit (esp the bit in BOLD)

The first thing I did following this, was uninstalling Malwarebytes (it went wrong the first time after an update over an old version, so this was the way to be sure that couldn't be te reason for a new problem), I restarted my pc and installed the last version of Malwarebytes. At that moment I got the same messages (can't register ssubtmr6dll and vbalsgrid6.ocx), with one difference: in the earlier situation the program didn't work when I clicked "ignore". I then got a runtime error 339: "component vbalsgrid 6.ocx or one of its dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid". After the installation of September 2, I clicked "ignore" without any expectations. To my surprise the program itself worked BUT very slow.

I'm sure it's a problem of the accelarator. I tried to find the developer of the accelarator, but his site hasn't been updated since 2004. I found a forum on which people wondered where he is, but the conclusion was that he just dissappeared.

also

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=5847

what is your OS?

You MAY wish to post ON the Malwarebytes forum? :thumbsup:

#7 master131

master131
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:06 PM

I have found this

The first thing I did following this, was uninstalling Malwarebytes (it went wrong the first time after an update over an old version, so this was the way to be sure that couldn't be te reason for a new problem), I restarted my pc and installed the last version of Malwarebytes. At that moment I got the same messages (can't register ssubtmr6dll and vbalsgrid6.ocx), with one difference: in the earlier situation the program didn't work when I clicked "ignore". I then got a runtime error 339: "component vbalsgrid 6.ocx or one of its dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid". After the installation of September 2, I clicked "ignore" without any expectations. To my surprise the program itself worked BUT very slow.

I'm sure it's a problem of the accelarator. I tried to find the developer of the accelarator, but his site hasn't been updated since 2004. I found a forum on which people wondered where he is, but the conclusion was that he just dissappeared.

also

what is your OS?

You MAY wish to post ON the Malwarebytes forum? :thumbsup:

I have Windows XP SP3. I have already reat that post on the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware forum but the new installer on has an option to click OK. Theres no Retry, Ignore or cancel button. I did try to run MBAM even though there was an error, but the same message came up and MBAM didnt open at all! I have perviously contacted Marcin and he tried to help me but it made no difference!

#8 dbarrow

dbarrow

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

I have found this

also

what is your OS?

You MAY wish to post ON the Malwarebytes forum? :whistle:

I have Windows XP SP3. I have already reat that post on the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware forum but the new installer on has an option to click OK. Theres no Retry, Ignore or cancel button. I did try to run MBAM even though there was an error, but the same message came up and MBAM didnt open at all! I have perviously contacted Marcin and he tried to help me but it made no difference!

I also have Windows XP SP3. I get the same error 339 regarding vbalgrid6.ocx. Everything else works fine. Hijackthis, dds.com, etc. find no malware. I also run NOD32 with the proper exclusions. I can't manually register vbalgrid6.ocx. etc. After a week of searching it seems that many people have these same issues and that there hasn't been a solution that I can see. I have seen the same issue over and over again on the Malwarebytes forum. No solution, so far.

Edited by dbarrow, 17 May 2013 - 12:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users